Safeguarding Policy Statement
Stapleford Phoenix Cricket Club acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and adults at risk. The club is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and ECB requirements.
The club’s safeguarding policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children and adults at risk are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that all children and adults at risk:
have a positive and enjoyable experience of cricket at the club in a safe and inclusive environment are protected from abuse whilst participating in cricket
Children are defined as players under the age of 18 and adults at risk may be a player who has a learning disability, a physical disability and/or a sensory impairment, mental health needs including dementia or a personality disorder or a long term illness/condition.
As part of our safeguarding policy Stapleford Phoenix Cricket Club will:
- Promote and prioritise the safety and well-being of children and adults at risk
- Ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and adults at risk
- Encourage and maintain a culture where people feel able to raise a genuine safeguarding concern and are confident that it will be taken seriously
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual(s) who raise or disclose the concern
- Ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
- Prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
- Ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation
The roles in the club that require an ECB Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check are: Captain, Safeguarding Officer
The club’s policy will be shared with club members and is mandatory for everyone involved in Stapleford Phoenix Cricket Club.
Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed and may result in dismissal/exclusion from the club.